Neurodegenerative Disorders and Injury (Theme C) and Integrative Physiology and Behavior (Theme F) Blogger: Lana Grasser

theme_c
theme_f

Theme C and F Blogger: Lana Grasser

Hello everyone!

My name is Lana Ruvolo Grasser, and I am one of your 2018 Society for Neuroscience annual meeting bloggers. This is my second year in graduate school, and my first year at SfN! While I have attended our state’s region meetings before, I am happy to be in sunny San Diego, coming from cold and rainy Detroit.

Despite the weather, I am loving my time as a graduate student at Wayne State University’s School of Medicine. Here, I am studying trauma and related disorders in a variety of ways, including functional neuroimaging, neuroinflammation, and efficacy of interventions. My work in particular focuses on dance/movement therapy, art therapy, and yoga for relieving symptoms of trauma in Syrian and Iraqi refugees. However here at SfN, I will be presenting work from my mentor’s study, which investigates the combinatorial effects of instruction and experience learning in fear conditioning and fear extinction using functional MRI.

This is not my first experience with neuroimaging–during my undergraduate study at Michigan State University, where I received my Bachelors of Science in Neuroscience, I worked in a literary neuroscience lab directed by Dr. Natalie Phillips. I am excited to be sharing my experience at SfN, particularly regarding Themes C and F - Neurodegenerative Disorders and Injury, and Integrative Physiology and Behavior. I really hope that you enjoy my posts.

Lana Grasser
@lana.grasser

Welcome to the Neuroscience 2018 Blogs!