• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raquel Maria Campos

• janisedalpai

• jguarracino

• r_rosas

Hi everyone,

My name is Thays and I am a MSc student from Universidade Federal de São Paulo, Brazil. My research interests are neurobiology of learning and memory, especially prefrontal cortex functions in fear conditioning. It is a pleasure to participate of LATP and to share ideas with all the associates.

Hi Juan! I am working with prefrontal cortex and behavior too! Specifically with prelimbic cortex in contextual fear conditioning. It would be nice to discuss more about this structure along the course =)

Hello everyone, I´m sorry to be late, but I was in class. I´m a PhD student of University of Antioquia, Colombia. I´m working with therapies in a model of stroke and some relationship with lipids. Like you I, think that his course is a great opportunity to learn and share with people with experience in different areas of Neuroscience.

danielanovo77

Sorry I’m late because I spent whole day in LATP clases. My name is Daniela Piña Novo and I´m a recent graduated of BS in Biology. I work in Cuban Neuroscience Center at the department of cognitive neurosciences in topics related to visual processing and attention. I´m so glad to have been selected as LATP fellow cause this program is a great opportunity to acquire some experience in brain visualization techniques and share with colleagues from other countries. So far we have learned a lot about MRI, fMRI and quantitative MRI.

Rodrigo Conde

Hi everyone, My name is rodrigo and i’m a Phd student from the university of São Paulo, Brazil. Sorry for not to participate the discussion early this afternoon, i was working all day. My field of study is autonomic deficits in patients with sensory neuropathy.

Hello! I’m so sorry for not being here early. I’ve been working all day. My name is Gabby Martínez, I’m finishing my masters in the University of Morelos. My field of study is pharmacology of plants and their effect in CNS.

Rodrigo Conde

Hi!! I’m studying sensory neuronopathy, a disease that affects the dorsal root ganglia cell body. And what is your field of study ?

Raquel Maria Campos

I work with peripheral nervous system injury. I current working with diferent kinds of injury on the sciatic nerve and observing changes on synaptic density in the spinal cord. I my masters I developed a new electrophysiologic method to study PNS regeneration non-invasively

Marianne Klein

Hi, I’m studying the influences of the maternal HFD intake during pregnancy and lactation in the maternal behaviour and offspring development. In the offspring, I do a lot of behavioural and metabolic tests such as elevated plus maze, sexual behaviour, ITT and GTT and I analyse both females and males. I’m focused on the effects that a bad maternal nutrition brings to their pups. :smile:

Maria Bringas

Hello everyone! I’m María Elena Bringas. I’m a PhD student at IPN- Mexico. My project research is about a autism model in rat. Nowadays I’m trying to understand how brain neurotrophic factors are working in autism and in my model.

• 1 month later...
patricia_mazzonetto

Hello everyone! I’m Patrícia Mazzonetto. I’m PhD student at Federal Univeristy of São Paulo/Brazil. My research is about a signaling pathway Sonic Hedgehog and Nox in Progenitors/Neural Stem Cell in Mouse Cerebellum.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody! My name is Ricardo and I’m a PhD student from Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Nowadays, I’m working with Neurobiology of drug addiction focusing on alcoholism.

My main interest is study the effect of alcohol withdrawal on the glutamatergic system, anxiety-like behaviors and appetite-related hormones. If there is someone who have interest in the parallels between feeding behavior and addiction, I would like to exchange some knowledge!

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ricardo Augusto Leoni de Sousa

Hi, everybody! 

My name is Ricardo and I’m from Brazil. I am very excited about being a member of Latin American Training Program. I am a postdoctoral scholar at UFVJM, Brazil, at the moment. I am investigating the effects of  zika virus  when induced during gestation over changes on behavior and cognitive function of the offspring. In middle-age life I will give HFD for 2 weeks to the offspring. During my Ph.D thesis I worked with a similar model, but in a gestational diabetes model.  I work with mice and cell culture, but I also help students in our lab that are developing researches with rats and humans. It has been a very busy year to me.

I attended to SfN meeting this week, which was amazing and my legs hurt so much because I tried to see all posters and lectures that I was interested during all days in McCormick place, which is huge (if I am not wrong it is the biggest convention center in USA). That was my fisrt time attending to SfN meeting and it was amazing. I can't wait for D.C 2020. I got really emotional when I was coming back in the flight because I got to know and took a picture with Eric Kandel. I can not describe in words what was this feeling. In 2015 I met Ada Yonath, who gave the best lecture I have ever seen in my life. Well, SfN is something extraordinary and I hope to  have the opportunity of attending SfN meeting every year.

Mah- Klein your work is really interesting and I would like to know more about it! 

Priscila Chiavellini nice to meet you! Hope the LATP be great for us!

Does anyone know about the training weeks in Mexico for LATP 2019-2020? When will be them and how many of us can be attending?