Chat about LATP questions

gregoryjquirk

I suppose I should be glad, hahaha. I’m relatively new to this, my previous field of research was the neuromuscular junction

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raquel Maria Campos

• janisedalpai

• jguarracino

• r_rosas

Dear All,

My name is Eduardo, I am a PhD candidate at Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS), Porto Alegre, Brazil. I have been working in the interface between biochemistry, behavior and neuroimaging (mostly PET imaging). My main interest is to understand neurodegenerative disorders progression, with particular emphasis in Alzheimer’s disease.

I would like to express my gratitude for this opportunity, and it is a pleasure to meet you all.
Cheers!!

Raquel Maria Campos

I’m not working with the terapy, it’s another girl from my lab. I’m doing differents types of peripheral lesion, on the sciatic nerve, and observing the changes on synapses on Spinal Cord. I see a reduction os pre-synaptic afferents at motoneurons after injury

I’m at Universidad Autónoma de San Luis Potosí, at the Laboratorio de Biofísica Molecular, I’m working with effects of ethanol on the cerebellum (effects on the cytoskeleton) but we want to try and do the same experiments using other drugs

Raquel Maria Campos

Sorry already ask you something, but I’m having huge trouble trying to double staining NMJ with some pre-synaptic marker. I already tried sinaptophysin and Neurofilament 200, do you ever did some stining like that? pre and post synaptic elements?

If you need a protocol or some advice, I’m working with primary cultures of astrocytes and cerebellar granular cells from rat

I performed a few immunofluoresecence assays but I never tried to mark presynaptic structures other than the particular purinergic receptors I was studying at the time. For post synaptic labelling I used bungarotoxin coupled to rhodamine.

Manuel Solino

Hello everyone,
I’m Manuel Soliño and MD from the University of Buenos Aires in Argentina. I’m working as a PhD fellow on a model of Light induced retinal degeneration in rats. I study the role of endocannabinoid system and the adenosine mediated transmission and their potential as neuroprotectors in the retina.
I’m very interested in neuronal degeneration and neuroprotection. I hope that these topics are discussed in the programme.

Raquel Maria Campos

just like I do, but since I also study regeneration and reinervation after peripheral nervous system injury, I try to stain both strutures

janisedalpai

That is cool!
Thanks a lot! I really want to learn more about this!
Would you send your protocol over email?

Raquel Maria Campos

In my lab there is a group of stydy on endocannabinoids as well. Not my field, but they are working with cannabinoids and neurogenisis

Truth be told, I had the synaptophising primary antibody but I could never buy a blue secondary antibody to perform a triple labeling. Consider that synaptophising binds to intracellular structures, have you tried treating your tissue slides with some kind of detergent such as triton-x?

Hello Eva,

We are working in the same field. I am very interested in glutamatergic abnormalities in Alzheimer’s disease. Are you working with any specific model?

gregoryjquirk

Yes Edgar. If you tune in to the majority of LATP webcasts, and participate in NeuroOnline (as you are now), you will receive a signed certificate of completion for the LATP.

Dr. Quirk in your work you’re seeing the interaction between infralimbic area and the amygdala area observing the avoidance behavior and fear, is this process similar in humans?

Manuel Solino

We are not alone :smile:
Regarding the double staining have you tried a sequential incubation of the primary antibodies?
You can try first an incubation with a small dose detergent for sinaptophysin or Neurofilament 200 and then incubate with the antibody against the purinergic receptor of choice after having removed the detergent from the tissue.

Sorry, I can’t really help you with that. Check out this article, they perform triple labelling at the NMJ.
J Anat. 2014 Jul;225(1):109-17. doi: 10.1111/joa.12188. Epub 2014 Apr 23.

Maria A. González-González

HELLO EVERYBODY!! I´m Ale González from Querétaro, México,I´m in the last year of the PhD, I´m working with cerebellum, I´m interested specifically in ependimal glial cells, neuronal circuits and subventricular zones, I´m in the Molecular and Celular Neurobiology in UNAM, Querétaro.

Hey Eva,

Thanks for replying. I have worked with the McGill-Thy-APP rat. It is one of the first models using rats as background. Now I am working with the infusion of ABeta oligomers in rats and mice.

I’m working with humans helping them to reach a better academic performance, I like these theme and I want to know more about that. It would be phenomenal if they argue it.

luci_danielski

Hello! I’m Lucinéia Danielski,please call me Luci. I’m a master student in Universidade do Sul de Santa Catarina, in Santa Catarina.
My lab. works whit encephalopathy associated sepsis in animal models.

gregoryjquirk

OK Everyone. Raul Paredes and I are signing off, but we encourage you all to continue this stimulating dialogue after the live part concludes, which is the while point of LATP. Best of luck with the course!!

Maria A. González-González

I´m studying peri and subventricular cells in cerebellum, I use strategies as electron microscopy, immunjofluorescence, neuronal tracers and some adenovirals strategies in order to describe the structure and ultrastructure of some specyfic cells there, Is there anybody working with some similar?

luci_danielski

Yes, I’ts very interesting!
We do not check any occurrence, although there is cognitive and short and long-term memory damage. And my work is related in neuroinflammation caused by sepsis.

I’m working with the association between obesity induced by fat diet (45%)and panic responses. I found some changes in GABA tonus into DMH in obese rats. And now I’m looking for possible panic like responses in obese rats, mainly cardiovascular and behavioral responses.