Chat about LATP questions

gregoryjquirk

gregoryjquirk

Welcome to the Introductory Discussion for the Latin American Training Program (LATP).
I am Greg Quirk, chair of the Latin American Training Program Advisory Group and a
Professor of Neuroscience at the University of Puerto Rico School of
Medicine. My lab focuses on the extinction of conditioned fear responses using both rat and human models. LATP Associates play an important role in the training program, and are a high priority for both the SfN and the Grass Foundation. We will take the next hour to answer questions you may have about the program. You can begin by introducing yourself!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Raquel Maria Campos

• janisedalpai

• jguarracino

• r_rosas

janisedalpai

Hello everyone!
I´m Janise, PhD student from Federal University of São Paulo (UNIFESP) , Brazil!
I´m very, very glad and thankful to make part of this!

Paula Araujo

Hey, I’m Paula Araujo, Posdoc from the Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Brazil. I’m very excited to following the discussions and lectures of the LATP, to change ideas and experiences. I’m also very curious about the topics that will be discussed

Hey guys, my name is Aline Abreu. I’m a PhD student from Federal University of Ouro Preto-MG, Brazil but just now I’m in School of Medicine of Indiana Univesity until next October.

Raul Paredes

Hello LATP Associates! I am Raúl Paredes Director of the Neurobiology Institute at UNAM México. As you know, we are hosting the three week course, “Imaging the Brain: Visualizing structure and function in the CNS.” You can watch the course every day here, http://www.inb.unam.mx/actividades/latp_video2015.html. Some of the course faculty will also answer questions in this community soon. I am here to answer questions today. Welcome to the program!
If you have any other questions before then, please let me know.

Thanks,

Raquel Maria Campos

Gregory,

Can you tell us a little bit about the topics and type of seminars we going to have? Are we seeing methods or learn more about differents neuroscience areas?

Hello, my name is Erick Loiola. I just finished my PhD at Fluminense Federal University, Brazil. Next week I will begin working with Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells, as a pos-doc at IDor Institute, also in Brasil.

Hi,

My name is Henrique Mendonça, and I am a Post Doc from Rio de Janeiro Federal University, in Brasil.

I would like to know if I can watch the conferences held in UNAM, Queretaro, Mexico.

Hello!
I’m Eva Ramos and I have a postdoctoral fellowship in Chile. My topic is focused on NMDA receptors and Alzheimer’s disease.
I’m very glad to form part of LATP, please to meet you.

gregoryjquirk

In addition to viewing them live from the course site, the videos from the course will be posted at SfN a few months after the course is completed and they will be able to access them in the community going forward.

I’m working with the interaction between frontal lobe and executive functions in the medial frontal cortex and orbitofrontal area

Hi, I’m from Mexico, and I’m working on cocaine addiction and borderline personality disorder, and I’ll do functional connectivity through resting state fMRI

gregoryjquirk

Prefrontal cortex – my favorite structure!!! These are all “hot” areas of research coming from the region. My hope is that the LATP course will help connect you all, so that there could be future collaborations…

camilaogoulart

I’m working with axon regeneration in the central nervous system, more precisely optic nerve regeneration after a crush injury.

Hi, I’m from Mexico too, where are you working? my advisor is thinking about working with cocaine addiction but we don’t have the authorization yet

Raquel Maria Campos

I’m my lab there is one person working with mesenquimal stem cells treatment, but on peripheral nerve system

janisedalpai

I would like to learn a bit more about neuron and glia cell culture. Do you think would be possible to discuss this subject along our seminars?

Raquel Maria Campos

I do crush or transection on the sciatic nerve and seek for changes in synapses on motoneurons, in the spinal cord.

Hi, that’s great,I’m at the National Institute of Psychiatry, and doing th Ms in Medical Sciences and I’m part of a team of clinical research division, where are you?