1929 anecdotes regarding retinal function are shown true in 2015!

Deborah Zelinsky

Deborah Zelinsky

Finally, the use of color to elicit effects in the nervous systems through the retina are being documented!!!
The whole field of syntonic optometry has been around almost 90 years, and has been saying this.
The field of color puncture as an advanced accupuncture using colored lights has also been around.

oliver_carter

Very interesting. I studied over the abstract, and read through the discussion only (so far), but am rather intrigued by it–and it makes sense, anyway. Thanks for sharing that.

Do you think that by building up some technique, any circadian problems (and I’m kind of walking on thin ice here, out my normal area of interest) may be adjustable back to a normal cycle with such color treatment? Would you tend to think that, for example, color blindness may have some effect on cycle disposition also?

Deborah Zelinsky

Yes, various color treatments have profound effects. I work with a medical doctor here who can assess body functions while I put on different glasses. We had a patient today who had a measurement of 73 with one shade of blue and 2284 with another shade of blue lenses. The wavelengths of blue weren’t too different, yet the girl’s body responded horribly with one and not too badly with the other. I do not believe color vision has that much of an effect, since the ipRGC cells respond more to blue and the koniocellular pathway to blue/yellow. Most color deficiencies are in the red/green wavelengths. I don’t know if ALL can be helped, but absolutely rhythms can be altered via retinal input. I have an upcoming chapter on just that – the neuromodulation via retinal stimulation with eyeglasses. And, an abstract on cardiovascular system changes with ambient lighting that was published in 2012.