Webinar #2: Factors Involved in Memory Regulation

Meridian Watters

Meridian Watters

Dear Associates,

It is hard to believe it has been nearly one month since the program launched with the introductory webinar. You all have done an incredible job of continuing the conversation so far- let's keep it going!

Our next scientific webinar, "Factors Involved in Memory Regulation",  will take place on Friday, September 19 from 10:00am -12:00 pm CDT for Queretaro, Mexico  (11:00am-1:00pm EDT for Washington, DC). Remember to plan accordingly based on your time zone. You can access the webinar here and click on Neurobiologia LATP.

If you have not already, please read the Webinar #2 reading material that Christopher posted in the community library.  It would be great to get a discussion going on this material leading up to the webinar.

We will send reminders as the webinar date approaches, but please contact me beforehand should you have any questions.

Best, Meridian

Dear all,

I have never worked with learning and memory before so I am definitely oblivious to many issues in the field. This was made clear to me while trying to read the review article for Webinar #2.

However, the course in Queretaro offered really interesting talks on the regulation of memory and the animal models used to study these. The presentations by Dr. Roberto Prado-Alcalá, Dr. Gina Quirarte and Dr. Marise Parent during the third week have been great in helping me understand. I have also found that the book “The Neurobiology of Learning and Memory” by Jerry W. Rudy is very useful. I am happy to share the supplementary material given to us during the course and hopefully some of these can be helpful to others not familiar with this research area.

Is anybody working with memory modulation? I would greatly appreciate literature recommendations and the opportunity to ask some questions about the paper.

Looking forward to the webinar and getting some professional insight from Dr. Quirarte and the associates working with these models.

Hope you are all doing well.

Warm regards,

Humberto

P.S. Thank you to all the coordinators and fellows for an amazing couple of weeks in Queretaro.

Dear associates.

i am looking forward for the next webinar. Because i did my bachelor thesis with Gina Quirarte about Glucocorticoid administration into the hippocampus but not into the striatum induces memory enhancement in a contextual fear conditioning task. So,  learning and memory are themes that really interest me although in this days i am working on neurodegenerative diseases. 

See you on september 19.