Welcome

silvipuertas

silvipuertas

Hi to everyone,

first of all, i’m so glad to share with you this learning and meeting experience. 

My name is Silvia Puertas, i am from Bogotá, Colombia, i am a linguist and i am studying Master in Neuroscience, at Universidad Nacional de Colombia.   I am interested in learning so much more about the neural generators of differents brain waves, like for example, P300, because I am working right now on my master thesis called “DIFFERENCES IN PROCESSING SPEED, IN CHILDREN WITH DYSLEXIA VS CONTROLS, MEASURED WITH LONG LATENCY EVOKED POTENTIALS (P300)” I am also very interested in learning disabilities like dysgraphia, dyscalculia, and of course, dyslexia, and its manifestations and symptoms in spanish language, which is the main topic for me since two years ago.

I expect that LATP would improve my knowledge about neurophysiology and neurobiology of behavior and I think that the course will afford me the possibility to meet other graduate students with similar interests to mine, and other teachers, professionals, and so on, involved in neuroscience research in Latin America, so we can make a great academic network of contacts on different countries dedicated to help each other, solving questions, and providing opportunities of academic training.

It is very nice to meet you all