Abstract Submission 2019 Live Chat

livechat
sfn19

Hi, I applied for membership online and I had all the documents submitted, look like the application was approved as I can log in in my account but it says my membership is inactive. I’ve already contacted the membership@sfn.org and asked how my membership status might change. However I am not sure if this is a normal case which I only need to wait so my documents are approved or something is wrong.
Thank you!

For the user wondering if a citizen of Iran can participate in the annual meeting – Yes! SFN now has a program, called Science Knows No Borders, to allow participation for anyone denied a travel visa. Please see the information here at this link: http://www.sfn.org/Meetings/Neuroscience-2019/Abstracts/Science-Knows-No-Borders

Yes, as long as your abstract has been finalized by May 2nd 5 pm EST, then after this time, you may unlock your abstract submission and change the title or abstract text until May 6th at 5 pm EST.

Please email us at program@sfn.org so that we can verify your membership status.

Member submitted question:

Are results and data in submitted abstracts kept confidential?

Good question. The abstract information remains confidential until the Abstracts are published online in late August. At that time, they become open to the general public.

Is there any volunteering opportunities for the presenters during the meeting such as helping at registration desk or any other positions?

Hi @aminipour - please be on the lookout for upcoming opportunities to volunteer for the Science Knows No Borders program.

User submitted question: How can I get a sponsor for my SfN membership?

Sure, thanks!

You can check the member directory at http://www.sfn.org/Membership/Member-Directory

If you do not find a sponsor this way, then please email membership@sfn.org

thank you!

Member submitted question:

When will we find out when our poster presentation time is?

Thank you! You will receive an email in late June with the information about the abstract presentation time.

Hope you all were able to get your questions answered! Remember to check the information on-line for further questions: http://www.sfn.org/Meetings/Neuroscience-2019/Abstracts/Call-for-Abstracts/How-to-Submit
Looking forward to learning about all of your ongoing research in Chicago in October!!

Hi Everyone,

We look forward to seeing you all in Chicago October 19-23…for an outstanding meeting in an exciting and fun city!

Thanks for joining us, everyone! Hope to see you all in Chicago! :smile:

Thanks for joining us everyone! Our chat is ending now. If you have any remaining questions regarding abstract submission, contact program@sfn.org or go to wwww.sfn.org/cfa. See you in Chicago!!

Hi,
Could you please post a link where I can unlock my already submitted abstract for further modifications? The normal submit abstract link is not responsive right now.

Hi @tanmoy.samaddar, could you please email program@sfn.org with your inquiry? They will be able to help you with your request.

Thanks!

Hi Andrew, yes I already mailed and part of the problem is solved. Thanks for taking your time and responding!

1 Like