Graduate Admissions in the Time of COVID-19 - will your program change requirements for student applications in light of COVID-19?

Andrew Chen

As a new school year approaches, graduate neuroscience training programs are having to consider how COVID is changing not just their current trainees but also how they recruit and evaluate this year’s applications for admissions. In this discussion panel, four speakers involved in graduate admission at their universities will share the conversations they are having about changes to the upcoming admission cycle, as well as the known and unknown factors complicating these decisions. Attendees are encouraged to bring their questions and experiences to share with the panelists and the rest of the neuroscience training community.

Neuroscience training program directors, administrators, and other stakeholders are quickly adapting programming in light of COVID-19. Participate in discussions with other neuroscience departments and programs, and exchange ideas on how to move forward.

SfN released this short poll to identify what application requirements are changing for students applying to neuroscience-related programs. Share your thoughts on what your institution is doing this upcoming admissions cycle and questions on how to best move forward with programming. These conversations will help guide a future panel discussion on this upcoming admissions season.

• 3 weeks later...
Andrew Chen
1 minute ago, Adrienne Betz said:

Is there a link I can share with my undergraduates ?

Hi Adrienne! Apologies, I forgot to provide the link to the webinar in my original post. You can register to view the webinar on-demand here: https://neuronline.sfn.org/training/graduate-admissions-in-the-time-of-covid19. Please note that at the moment, only SfN members can register for the webinar, but we will have the recording available on that page within a week or so. Let me know if you have any other questions, thanks!