National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity

pizbicki

This is a great resource for both graduate students and faculty! Your university may have a subscription to this organization so you can access it for free. I have heard many positive things about their writing bootcamps.

In addition, they send weekly e-mails that help keep you accountable in your writing practice as well as self-care. There are times where these e-mails really help focus me in on my professional and personal goals. Other times, they remind me to be patient with myself.

Please share your thoughts and comments on this program.

I’m a big fan of this program and use it all the time to organize my writing and research priorities. I was an individual member until my institution joined - now my membership is within that institutional membership. The bootcamps cost extra but are very good - especially in the dissertation writing stage and pre-tenure.

I’m so happy to hear you are having a great experience! I really think it is underutilized at our institution by grad students (probably due to the name). I am definitely interested in doing one for the dissertation writing stage (which will hopefully be in one year). :smile: